The Microsoft Authenticator App
Last year we enabled multifactor authentication (MFA) which impacts the way you sign into Microsoft 365 resources. There are multiple options for MFA, but we recommend that you use the Microsoft Authenticator app to verify your identity with your smartphone when prompted for multifactor authentication (instead of entering a code sent by text message).
Here are the steps to set up the Microsoft Authenticator app:
- Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your device and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Add your account to the app
- On a desktop or laptop computer, visit https://mysignins.microsoft.com/secuirty-info
- Select Add Method > Authenticator app
- Follow the step-by-step guide to set up the app
- To ensure that you are prompted to sign in using push notifications change the default sign-in settings for the Authentication app:
- Visit https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info
- Select Default sign-in method > Change >Authenticator – notification Option.
Resource: Set up the Microsoft Authenticator app as your verification method (Microsoft)
Thank you for your feedback!