Teams & SharePoint
Access to your Teams and SharePoint Files
File Explorer: Teams and SharePoint Files
Your personal work-related files are available via the OneDrive link using File Explorer on your Office Computer.
You can also sync Teams and SharePoint Site libraries in File Explorer to access the content:
Sync your Team/SharePoint Site in File Explorer
- Go to the General Channel of the Team that you want to sync with File Explorer.
- Go to the Files tab and click the Open in SharePoint option in the toolbar to open the General Channel’s folder in a web browser.
- Click Documents (the left part of Documents > General) to navigate up one folder level. You should now see a list of folders associated with that Team’s Channels.
- Click the Sync option in the toolbar, and then Open if prompted to confirm the request.
- When the sync is complete, the name of the Team and the word Documents will appear in the left column of File Explorer.
If you only sync a single Channel, you will not be able to access the files within other Channels in the Team. To resolve this, you will need to stop the sync, delete the link in File Explorer and do another sync to include all channels/folders:
Stop a Sync and Delete the Link
- Click the OneDrive icon in the System Tray (next to the date and time).
- Click on Help and Settings gear and select Settings.
- Find the desired Team or SharePoint Site and click Stop Sync.
- Open File Explorer, right-click on the link you just stopped syncing, and select Delete.
- Then follow steps above to sync Documents.
Thank you for your feedback!